Monday, July 17, 2017

First of my Mumbai Diaries

I sat by the window, breeze that came after a drizzle, moon that came out of the filtering clouds, silence that came after a thought and finally the memories that came after all this.

One amazing thing, other than the height of those buildings in Mumbai are the lovely windows. Wide enough to let the torrent of breeze greet me, feel every nice thing that can ever be, bluge the loose pyjamas, undo my hair and bring all the freshness in. The wide window sill actually allows you to step into the window and enjoy the feel of feeling what it is.

July 14,2017, 2:52 AM on my clock. With the open laptop playing ADHM, my ear phones in place, on the sill of my hostel room's window on 10th floor was I. The railway lines and locomotives next to building never rested, so did those flights that were landing and taking off from the airport. Breeze hit me and taken away every pain of mine and so did it bring in few fresh ones too. Two dialogues from the movie that I love the most hit me hard today like every time.

Saba says to Ayan "Guftugu Bezer logon ki aadat hai. Jo anke kehdeti haai, unke aage lafzo ka darja kya."

I paused for a while, took a deep breath, looked up to find a smiling moon and lost half an hour to my self. Something happened and I found my self taking in glups of air and finding the rythm of air a bit more. Fingers twinching each other and eyes not able to process what it sees. Some time later I found my self back on the movie. Then came another one.

Tahir this time says to Ayan again, " Daree hue log, aksar alfazo ke peeche chup jaathe hai". 

Words certainly have that power to stall a rapid river. I felt my knees weak, stomach hallow, took in empty gulps of air which made my thoughts heavy. A frantic recollection of memoir that strike you. I closed the laptop screen in a jiff, plucked out the earphones, gazed at the city lights that were glittering and say to self; how many more out there feel the same. Hope there is at least One. 

Sakethursforever : )

No comments: