Saturday, August 31, 2013

I liked it.

Like every other 22 year old, Movies make an important chapter on my list of likes . It was a couple of months since I've seen a video shared on Facebook. A trailer it was. I thought it was promising. And here for the first time I write about a Movie I am thoroughly impressed with . 

"Madras Cafe"  11:00 PM show at a multiplex with a set of three friends who barely knew each other and I was the only common link or a mutual friend going by Facebook language. This will probably be first time with movies in my domain (post 1997), I would term a movie "DIFFERENT" . As a movie goer Yes, I've been treated with a different stuff. The feel that took over me is no different when compared to the gripping moments I went through while reading "Angels & Demons" or a "Dooms Day Conspiracy" .  

It will be a kind of social studies answer where in the first line of every response starts like this; " Something is because of the following reasons : 1,2,3.... ", Here are the reasons why I term Madras Cafe as one of the best  (at least in my domain).

The movie was made on a purpose, and every frame had that purpose expressed with a prudent tact. There wasn't a frame that was un-necessary, there isn't a character awkwardly poking his nose and most importantly each & every dialogue that is written has a point and weight . Screenplay was specific and so was the plot .  

I had never seen an Indian movie which could think beyond Pakistan when dealing about National Security (A movie that can be aired on 15th of August or on 26th of January).  May be for the first time though we've made an attempt in thinking beyond the limits which we imposed on self. 

Emotions play an important role in making a knock on ones mind. The movie has got certain high emotional sequences which are dealt with higher order realistic tinge.  There are scenes in the movie where in you feel Vikram's going to shout at peak of his voice, makes an belligerent challenge, delivers a lengthy patriotic phrase. He doesn't do all that, instead he simply mumbles a silent line which leaves you with tremors  perforating deep into your thinking capabilities .

John Abraham all these days was just an other lad on Indian Movies whom I had very little interest on . He is obviously the decision maker with this movie and each bit of it is spot on . He is the cynosure of the film. It was a strict NO with senseless display of erected muscles, adventurous fights, unwanted skin shows, stupid romance, sick songs which are presented on a very prestigious stage giving a tag, calling the movie commercial. Yet the movie created an impact which is still knocking on my thought process. There were moments when every cell in my brain said the hero's gonna shout or make aggressive move. But then, every time he quietly says a thoughtful dialogues. John will surely leave you with a long lasting thump of a superlative degree.

One reason I love reading DAN BROWN is because of the informative stuff he puts into his books. Madras Cafe does exactly the same. It is very informative. Dealing with technicalities, portraying the civil war, events that led to the odd things and the after effects also . 

Look out for Race against Time thriller mode in the second half, Unfolding of the assassination plot and most importantly the Decoding of intercepts . Personally to me, the perfect mix of Hindi-English dialogues expressing a tense feel at key moments was the best part . Madras Cafe may surely be a routine reel on Star Movies. It is certainly a very fresh one Star Gold.

There's a line in the movie a journalist says, " Har Kisi ka apna sach hotha hai, depends tum kaha khade ho...." . You will love the movie if you are at the right position I would say. 

Post Script : "I'm Impressed." It is as good as any movie made in west on a similar scale, if not better then it. 


sakethursforever : )

No comments: