Sunday, August 18, 2013

I drive on My own WILL ... !!!

It was just a moment ago I've told on phone "I'll be there in 15 mins Sushma, also ask shiva to wait until I come." The reaction from other side was negative with not much time left for the seminar to start . Cursing me being so late was I saying "Mei aisa kya hu" at self. The RJ I was listening to on 90 + something FM was also irritating with his sick love tales right at the start of the day . Added to this was the lazy thing I saw in front of me which never seemed to move .

It was grey Ford Icon which looked lot more yellow . Dust accumulated on the rear window of the vehicle made way for someone to scribble something that started with the word S and ended with the word D. With a dent on one side of the baggage box, a sticker which asked everyone not to kiss him from behind and few scratches at the bumper made that car look very much Hydrabadi.  Though, I was not sure who the driver was . I was pretty sure he was in two minds whether or not to venture overtaking the bus which was diagonally to the right of him. Probably there were couple of youngsters on the foot board which further helped his inability to cruse through. Bus was next to the divider and there was just enough scope for me to jump on my accelerator and race through the left end.

Fiddling with different FM stations, finally my finger made a very good gesture switching on a station that was playing a song (one of my fav) instead of RJ's flirting with my patience. Song was so good that I wanted my horses to run as fast as they can.  All my senses wanted a quick move on and the song added to the quest of driving past the lousy ford somehow. Quickly checking on the rear view, almost involuntarily did something which Manoj a friend of mine always used to talk a lot about." Grip your steering as soft as you can and then oscillate it radially 45 degrees to left first & then 90 degrees to right at a good pace." My K10 swung to deep left of the road and then almost immediately right leaving behind the sick ford and its driver. It was indeed a satisfactory take over only until I found a couple right in front of the ford on a shining pulsar which is now inches to my right. Wondered what made them drive that slow. Probably they saw clouds flying past them and not traffic . Distance between my Ferrari and the Pulsar was only a bit more then the gap those two had between them.  With very minimum time to react I made my way through the passage accelerating at top of my ability. Mean while something very scenic caught my eye almost involuntarily. The picture lasted only a micro second though.

My retina saw a girl with hair flowing down her cheeks pillion on the bike with fear oozing out of her eyes, forehead wrinkled with confusion, fingers clinching the shoulders of the one driving and an expression that said she was read to jump off the bike . What I loved the most about the girl was her lips. The sound that I could depict reading her lips was 'WOW'. (Probably she did admire my skill of handling the machine.)

 I raced past them and had a quick look on my rear view mirror only to find them involved in an animated conversation.

The song on the speakers started to fade out after a couple of minutes and RJ was back with his boring concept of asking people to confess their love interests ( never knew if he would arrange movie tickets for the couples ) . Back to thoughts of seminar was I. Just then came a vehicle miraculously making it through the allowance between my car and the divider. The vehicle seemed to stop for a second just beside my window and the guy diving it showed me his ugly finger before running down even without waiting for my reaction . Probably after a second or two the girl adjusted a bit, turned to me and gave me an unreadable expression and then clinched herself to the rider .

I was in no mood of thinking of the incident, my mind obviously din't have enough chambers left to accommodate more thoughts. Only after the seminar that I smiled at the mirror and said to myself I accelerate when I want to, I decelerate when I want to.

'I Drive on my Will'
Do You ??

STATUTORY WARNING
"Riding is a Divine virtue. Do it for yourself not for someone who's riding beside or the pillion rider ."


sakethursforever : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how you narrate a beautiful story around an irritating thing such as traffic. Driving needs patience n wisdom

Anonymous said...

Drive. Not diving