Friday, December 7, 2012

VISA it is.

Call me xenophobic, I say indeed without letting the clock tick so far away.

Surely a place where I expect myself so much so little was that alley at Begumpet . Accompanying a friend was I wondering or may be confused about too many things there, I know too little about. Days when I don't know what a passport is, I was cheering for my friend who was patiently waiting for the VISA interview, which I believe is the next stage of what you call getting a passport.

To me it was like an illiterate going into a chemical laboratory where you find colorful fluids flowing and people busily working on them with an excitement, nervousness and tension all around. Knowing very little about what a Visa means on dictionary as well as on ones emotional terms, I had to walk my friend through a span of time which I believe was one of the most difficult things to do just because I had no idea what a Visa is and how much it is rated on . But that tight hug she gave me walking out through the barrier gates calling me and those tears breaking through her already red turned eyes spoke more then what it actually was .

It has been sometime now since I have seen all that and yet I don't understand the logic behind chasing something, somewhere so far away leaving everything that has been a part of our life for so many years .

If feelings and prayers had a solid shape, there would be no more space for anything else to exist on that street. The only discussion there was about the criterion which brought people a visa and that which din't. The air was filled with the ambiance of questions asked and the replies that were to be given and the ones that were already given. All this seemed very preposterous initially but the seriousness on made me think quite opposite.

Though the population there was dominated by students there were almost all sorts of people out there. Newly wed brides waiting to join their grooms outside, elderly couples probably visiting their children and middle aged ones either on a vacation or work. Every one dressed decent with a formal look, which took me back to days when I attended a couple of interviews . It was as if there was a dress code to leave the country. There were young boys with a bunch of papers clipped, girls who got out of those big sedans with trendy body language and only thing that was common with all of them there was tension & prayers that they were burning out. I was also lucky enough to see a Scorpio that stopped in front of me.  The back door slowly began to open, as a plastic cover rolled out of the car. It made a comfortable place in  middle of the road and people climbed out of it and briskly walked away.

It was a new place for a person like me. Holding my friends bag and mobile I spent some time out there watching different things, different people, listening to their sagas and trying to absorb everything & updating my system. It was a place filled with millions of hopes, tons of prayers, people ready to fly out anytime now and people like me who were wishing good luck to their mates against their wish .

Surely I could read the happiness of people and also their grief.  It was amazing to see the amount of joy my friend has experienced and the degree of jubilance she was in . And of course it made my day...!!!

One irony of that place is a hoarding which promoted tourism in India which read, "Incredible India".


Sakethursforever : )




1 comment:

Genuine reader said...

So how many of them made to their dream?