Monday, January 24, 2011

My MOM'S memories...

It was around half past eight in the evening on January 23rd, when there was a sudden telegram that my senses received from my memory storage center on my mind. It was about a dream i dreamt. It was just like a lightening flash that took me to my childhood. I realised a curve and I pushed the lever beneath my leg downward with a feather touch and rotated the steering wheel in counter clockwise direction.

I slowly uttered these word to mom who was silently enjoying my drive in an assorted voice, "MUM THIS IS VERY ROAD THAT I LEARNT PEDDLING A BICYCLE". I really had no clue of what was going through my mom's mind. She silently gave me a enigmatic smile, reason for which I really couldn't read. Moments later I could see the real face of her smile when she told me that it was the same road where she had seen her months old son in the trolley that she was driving,with innocent looks all around . It was 20 years ago and I could sense the excitement in her voice as she was narrating the fable .

I actually started off telling my MOM about the dream of driving a CAR on the very roads which me  and my mates use for cycling. But then, ended up knowing some sweet memories that my MOM had with me on those roads even before I actually remember completely opening my eyes. I was completely moved with my memories as I drove through those roads and i was almost speechless. But it was a terrific feel to experience what my MOM was recollecting yesterday. And the way she was sharing those memories with me made me completely spell bound.



If  I fall short of words to express what i felt like, it is just amazing to imagine what went through my MOM's mind seeing her 20 year old son... 











sakethursforever :)

No comments: